Today is Trailsongs: Volume 1 album release day, featuring 10 songs inspired by America’s National Parks. The album is available on CD, cassette tape, digital download, and streaming services.
Mixed and mastered by Mike Montgomery at Candyland Recording Studio in Dayton, KY
Press for Trailsongs: Volume 1
10.25.21 – Cincinnati Magazine – Escape to the Wild with Kendall Bruns by M. Leigh Hood
10.14.21 – LEO Weekly – A Songwriter Released A Concept Album About National Parks, Including Mammoth Cave by Scott Recker
10.12.21 – Cincinnati CityBeat – Cincinnati Musician Kendall Bruns’ New Album Pays Quirky Tribute to America’s National Parks by Brian Baker
- “Python Problems” – inspired by Everglades National Park
- “Bluer than Blue” (feat. Lori Goldston) – inspired by Crater Lake National Park
- “Tutokanula” (feat. Matt Mooney) – inspired by Yosemite National Park
- “Edge of Survival” – inspired by Biscayne National Park
- “Petrified” – inspired by Petrified Forest National Park
- “The Tortoise” – inspired by Joshua Tree National Park
- “Ice Bat” (feat. Matt Mooney) – inspired by Cuyahoga Valley National Park
- “Oh Bear” – inspired by Glacier National Park
- “Valley of Death” (feat. Lori Goldston) – inspired by Death Valley National Park
- “Life in the Dark” – inspired by Mammoth Cave National Park
Kendall Bruns: vocals, guitars, ukulele, Moog synthesizers (DFAM, Grandmother, Prodigy, Sub Phatty), sequencing
Lori Goldston: cello on “Bluer than Blue” and “Valley of Death”
Matt Mooney: background vocals on “Tutokanula,” guitars and background vocals on “Ice Bat”
All songs written by Kendall Bruns. “Tutokanula” is based on a Miwok legend.
Recorded by Kendall Bruns in Chicago, IL except guest appearances by Lori Goldston and Matt Mooney.
Mixed and mastered by Mike Montgomery at Candyland Recording Studio in Dayton, KY.